Friday, August 15, 2008

This week's progress

Yesterday I went to the fabric store and raided the clearance section, so I had to make room for more fabric, and I found some really cute stuff, so I had to reclaim 2 of these shelves for my fabric.
And here is my pressing/ironing/cutting station, which also hold my denim scraps in one of the drawers, and some more fabric in another, but its canvas and stretchy stuff so it can stay in the drawer for now.
Obviously this is my sewing table.
And I put some more blocks up on the wall, I really love seeing it all together, it makes me want to finish. I think I'll have to play around with the lights and darks so its not lopsided. I think I will take this to work this weekend, while I'm sitting in my office answering phones.

I have also been working on my bad color choices sampler, although sometimes I actually end up with pieces next to each other that look pretty. But the over all blocks are kinda crazy. I only have one more to do then I will add the borders and binding, then i will figure out how to quilt it. I'm still stuck on that one.

I've been thinking about not using batting on the crazy quilt, since its denim, and heavy already. I would probably just do a cotton or flannel backing, then quilt it. I live in So Cal so it stays pretty warm here and I'd like to use this quilt not box it for being too hot.

No comments: